Friday, May 29, 2015

Same Job, New Position, More Responsibility Equals Less Time...

March of this year, I assumed the position of MIS Manager and inherited a mess of technical issues. Unfortunately, this resulted in not only giving up my Fridays off, which I used for working on my comic book projects, but forced me to work 10 to 20 hours overtime each week. And, since the transfer of responsibilities, I have been frantically tested each day with new technical problems along with politics and it has drained me to the point of exhaustion. Basically, all the extra stress and workload denied me time and energy for website updates as well as writing. There were some days when I almost didn't make it home...I was so tired that I had to call my wife to taxi me home, leaving my car at work.
However, although I still have some technical issues unresolved and I've used most of my budgeted overtime, the Memorial Day weekend allowed me to recover and I will attempt to update the www.treerockcreations.com website with some new artwork as well as continue editing some videos of my opinions, which also have been delayed...so frustrating.

Funny how things work out...since inheriting all this responsibility, my plans on this project have changed. I still plan on creating and releasing a black and white comic book introducing the Queen of Hearts character using a different title and using my own money. Yet, because of the new workload that I inherited, I don't know if it will be this year.
The plan is to get everything stable and once more establish a four ten workweek so that I can take off Fridays and use this extra time to either sleep or work on this project. I wish I could explain exactly what I must deal with at work, but unfortunately, all I can say is that I have a multiple servers issues and this takes priority over my hobby. Yes, I'm in a constant tug-a-war between my job and hobby and I'm miserable, especially when the characters in my head continue to nag me. At least the Avengers 2 movie allowed me to escape from my own characters. 
Oh, and if you are interested in my opinion of Avengers 2...I thought it was good, yet too crowed with ideas; I wanted more Ultron and I didn't get my wish. Jean Luc Picard (Star Trek: TNG) was right, "wishing doesn't make it so". In my opinion, James Spader should have been given more dialogue and character development. Also, I am pleased that Joss Whedon didn't use shaky cam -- something that irritates me.


No comments: